- There was about 600 or so people there, filling the cinema.
- Although Jodi claims that 48% of her fan mail is from male readers, women outnumbered men by 20 to 1. This was an unusual experience for me, as the reverse is far more common in daily life.
- At 42, Jodi could easily pass for one of her fans.
- She read from her latest book Change of Heart. It is complete nonsense.
- She told the audience a lot of interesting things, almost all of which I was already aware of. I was uncertain as to whether or not her knowledge of the Gospel of Thomas extends beyond the article in TIME magazine a couple of years back. She may have simplified things for her audience.
- I was the only person there with comic books to be signed. (I know, I'm a snob.) Some of the women around me were surprised that Jodi had written Wonder Woman, although they were told in her introduction. Jodi was proud of her comics.
My fellow Wikipedia Military History editors awarded me a Golden Wiki as 2012 Wikipedia Military historian of the year.
Had to share this, which I found here
Americans always have a knack for putting a positive spin on things. Here is Lew Lehrman, who advocates teaching history from a more conservative…